1. He did not look me in the eye.
2. He did not verbally say his name or introduce himself.
3. He gave me a limp noodle handshake. (I was shocked at this coming from a male)
Knowing how to shake hands is crucial to success in the business world!!! This is true for every facet of business. From the construction site to the corporate boardroom, shaking hands is the American way to seal the deal. If I did not know this relative's immediate family, my first impression would be that he was lazy, ignorant, and had no clue about how to shake hands in a business environment. Few things can reverse a bad first impression. As you seek the face of God for your new position, use some wisdom and learn basic business etiquette. This one small gesture (a handshake) can make or break a business deal or employment offer.
Here are six tips for shaking hands the correct way:
1. Introduce yourself. Keep it short and simple. Your name and your position or candidate position.
2. Look the person you are meeting in the eyes.
3. Do not pump your hand.
4. Do not offer a limp noodle hand, make it gentle but firm.
5. Move your elbow not your shoulder.
6. End the handshake after 3 seconds
"Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding; For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold." Proverbs 3:13-14