Here are some tips to help you ace the phone interview and get invited on-site:
- You need to stand up during the interview. Standing makes you sound more alert and you will be better able to express yourself.
- You need to smile. Someone can tell if you are smiling by the tone of your voice. Smiling makes you more confident.
- Have your resume in hand an review it before the phone interview. Use your resume as a tool to point out your accomplishments related to the position. Also, know your work time-line and be able to account for any gaps in your work history.
- Know some facts about the organization or company contacting you. Review the history mission, company size and CEO of the company. Also, familiarize yourself with current events that may impact the organization. Try to discover what their challenges are right now.
- Use your social media resources to find people that have worked in the organization. Communicate with those individuals so that you can better understand the organization.
- Always end the phone interview with a thank you and don’t forget to ask about the next steps in the decision making process.
Remember Proverbs 15:23 (AMP) says “A man (or woman)has joy in making an apt answer, and a word spoken at the right moment --- how good it is!”