Here are 10 clues that you need more self-confidence for your career:
1. You are not careful about your appearance and have a cavalier attitude about the clothes you wear.
2. You are afraid to speak up or ask questions and feel you questions are silly.
3. You have problems looking people straight in the eyes.
4. You value several people’s opinion above your own most of the time.
5. You cannot easily state at least 5 qualities that you possess that will convince someone to hire you.
6. You feel that you don't quite qualify for the job description. You feel that you will not do well at the job.
7. You spend time with people that are critical of you and your career. You have many friends who hate their jobs and you are always discussing their career problems.
8. You do not have a mentor and you are afraid to search for a mentor.
9. You say phrases like "I can't…", "I wish I could…", or "Only if…" instead of stating "I WILL"
10. You tell yourself that you are not blank enough. Complete the blank with anything… pretty, smart, tall, educated, brave, courageous, friendly, outgoing… and the list goes on.
How do you kill this ugly monster of little self-confidence? By understanding why God created you and made you unique. He put a piece of Himself into every person on this earth. So you can start by looking in the mirror and saying to yourself every morning.
“....Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4 (KJV)